- Shut off power to the WPU.
- Remove the bottom front, bottom left, and bottom right panels.
- Remove the wire junctions to the evaporator fan.
- Remove the 6 screws securing the fan assembly to the unit.
- Remove the fan assembly from the unit.
- Use a torch to unsolder the evaporator inlet and outlet joints.
- Remove 2 screws (one on each side) securing the coil to the sides of the unit.
- Remove the frontal screws under the air filter.
- Remove the screws behind the fan assembly.
- Remove the thermal insulation behind the compressor compartment and remove the screws under it.
- Remove the bolts and screws securing the coil to the frame.
- Pull the top part of the frame upwards until the evaporator coil can be removed.
- Replace the coil and reattach all mounting screws.
- Use a torch to solder the condenser inlet and outlet.
- Replace the evaporator fan assembly and reconnect the wiring.
Modified on: Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 4:03 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.